Al-Shabab Rebels Withdraw from Mogadishu

Al-Shabab appears to be weakened by AMISOM offensive combined by famine, migration and luck of support

Aljazeera,

Abdirahman Omar Osman, a government spokesman, said on Saturday that al-Shabab was retreating from the city, calling it a “golden victory for the Somali people“.

He said government forces have begun deploying cautiously in the pockets of the city previously under al-Shabab control. The government is urging city residents who fled their homes to return, promising the military will spare no effort in securing their areas.

Ali Mohamed Rage, an al-Shabab spokesperson, told a local radio station that the withdrawal was aimed to enable a counter-attack, saying there would be no pull out from other regions of southern Somalia. Continue reading

Advertisements

Al-Shabab Rebels Withdraw from Mogadishu

Al-Shabab appears to be weakened by AMISOM offensive combined by famine, migration and luck of support

Aljazeera,

Abdirahman Omar Osman, a government spokesman, said on Saturday that al-Shabab was retreating from the city, calling it a “golden victory for the Somali people“.

He said government forces have begun deploying cautiously in the pockets of the city previously under al-Shabab control. The government is urging city residents who fled their homes to return, promising the military will spare no effort in securing their areas.

Ali Mohamed Rage, an al-Shabab spokesperson, told a local radio station that the withdrawal was aimed to enable a counter-attack, saying there would be no pull out from other regions of southern Somalia. Continue reading

Al-Shabab Rebels Withdraw from Mogadishu

Al-Shabab appears to be weakened by AMISOM offensive combined by famine, migration and luck of support

Aljazeera,

Abdirahman Omar Osman, a government spokesman, said on Saturday that al-Shabab was retreating from the city, calling it a “golden victory for the Somali people“.

He said government forces have begun deploying cautiously in the pockets of the city previously under al-Shabab control. The government is urging city residents who fled their homes to return, promising the military will spare no effort in securing their areas.

Ali Mohamed Rage, an al-Shabab spokesperson, told a local radio station that the withdrawal was aimed to enable a counter-attack, saying there would be no pull out from other regions of southern Somalia. Continue reading

West Funds Full Blown Genocide in Ethiopia

As many as 6 million people are starving in Ethiopia’s Somali-populated Ogaden. Children are the most vulnerable

By Thomas C. Mountain,

As the U.N. famine warning center issues urgent reports that millions of Ethiopians are once again starving in the Somali populated Ogaden, the International Committee of the Red Cross publishes a statement that the Ethiopian government has denied the Red Cross an operating permit to carry out relief work in the region.

Blocking the Red Cross from relief work somewhere is almost unheard of yet, when it comes to Ethiopia – headed by the G-20 “statesman” Meles Zenawi – this is business as usual.

For the past four years all aid agencies, including the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders and U.N. relief agencies, have been blocked by the Ethiopian military from feeding starving people in Ogadenia. There are millions of starving people, maybe as many as 6 million, though no one can say for sure because no one is allowed into the region. Continue reading

West Funds Full Blown Genocide in Ethiopia

As many as 6 million people are starving in Ethiopia’s Somali-populated Ogaden. Children are the most vulnerable

By Thomas C. Mountain,

As the U.N. famine warning center issues urgent reports that millions of Ethiopians are once again starving in the Somali populated Ogaden, the International Committee of the Red Cross publishes a statement that the Ethiopian government has denied the Red Cross an operating permit to carry out relief work in the region.

Blocking the Red Cross from relief work somewhere is almost unheard of yet, when it comes to Ethiopia – headed by the G-20 “statesman” Meles Zenawi – this is business as usual.

For the past four years all aid agencies, including the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders and U.N. relief agencies, have been blocked by the Ethiopian military from feeding starving people in Ogadenia. There are millions of starving people, maybe as many as 6 million, though no one can say for sure because no one is allowed into the region. Continue reading

West Funds Full Blown Genocide in Ethiopia

As many as 6 million people are starving in Ethiopia’s Somali-populated Ogaden. Children are the most vulnerable

By Thomas C. Mountain,

As the U.N. famine warning center issues urgent reports that millions of Ethiopians are once again starving in the Somali populated Ogaden, the International Committee of the Red Cross publishes a statement that the Ethiopian government has denied the Red Cross an operating permit to carry out relief work in the region.

Blocking the Red Cross from relief work somewhere is almost unheard of yet, when it comes to Ethiopia – headed by the G-20 “statesman” Meles Zenawi – this is business as usual.

For the past four years all aid agencies, including the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders and U.N. relief agencies, have been blocked by the Ethiopian military from feeding starving people in Ogadenia. There are millions of starving people, maybe as many as 6 million, though no one can say for sure because no one is allowed into the region. Continue reading