Eritrean Airlines recently had entered in to a codeshare agreement with Alitalia via Rome to further expand its flight network as well as provide its customers traveling to and from Asmara with ample flight choices.
Alitalia will now add its “AZ” code to Eritrean Airlines-operated flights travelling between Asmara and Rome. On its part, Eritrean Airlines will add its “ERT” code to AZ-operated flights destined to Asmara via Rome.
As a codeshare partner, Eritrean Airlines will get access to several destinations throughout Europe and North America via Alitalia Airlines which is now serving as its operating carrier. Alitalia will then provide all the planes, the crew and the ground handling services.
This will essentially reduce the operational cost of the Eritrean Airlines to almost nil so that the Airlines will increase its competitiveness by offering cheaper airfare deals. So far, more than 30 cities have been added to this new codeshare network.
Eritrean Airlines thus far started a new flight from Asmara to Canada and United States in the last couple of weeks via Rome at a never before fare of 835 Euro; and to Rome, London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Geneva, Brussels, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Vienna, Sophia, Athens, Istanbul, and to all Italian cities at an incredible price ranging between 425 – 470 Euro for a round trip.
- This fare is valid on Eritrean & Alitalia Airlines route against B8-Manual tickets only
- Journey may originate from USA/Canada.
- Child fare 75% of the applicable fares
- Infant fare 10% of the applicable fares
- Fare validity: One year from date of travel
- One way Fare would be half of the round trip fare
- All applicable tavels must be paid by the passanger
- Free stopover in ROME permitted in both directions, but all applicable taxes shall be paid by the passanger
- NO-SHOW charges: 75 EUR
- Rebooking/ Cancellation made within 24hrs charge: 50 EUR
- Refunding charges: 50 EUR
- This fare is not applicable on the AZ-light range (AZ2400 to AZ3999 & AZ 7000 to 7999)
- The above fares are valid for tickets issued on or before 30 Sep 2012
- All the above fares & conditions are subject to change without prior notice
- Baggage allowance: Economy Class, 2pc/23KG each & Business 2pc/32KG each
- This is a standalone policy no other incentives are applicable against these fares
Alitalia is Italy’s biggest airline and the world’s 19th. The agreement believed to further strengthen the two carrier’s cooperation by enhancing their customer services.
For reservation and bookings contact your travel agent or
Eritrean Airlines at the following numbers:
Reservations (Call Center): +291 1 124111, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ticketing: +291 1 125501 / 125500, Email: email@example.com